Homemade BBQ Sauce Easy No Cook is full of flavor and perfectly balanced between sweet, tangy, smoky, and salty elements. Made with simple, healthy pantry staples, this sauce beats anything you can buy at the store. Give this easy and delicious BBQ sauce a try when you want that made-from-scratch taste, with absolutely no cooking required! Once you see how simple it is, you may never buy readymade BBQ sauce again.
Love barbeques? Try our versatile low-carb, dry Texas Rib Rub for marinating meats and vegetables and even sprinkling on fries!
This homemade BBQ sauce recipe starts with tangy tomato ketchup, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar, which are complemented by the rich flavor of the Worcestershire sauce, smoky paprika, and sweet brown sugar. You can even throw in some chili peppers if you like your sauce spicy. Once you have your ingredients, all you need to do is mix everything together and you’re done! So step away from the bottled sauce aisle – there’s no excuse for buying a premade BBQ sauce that’s filled with preservatives when it’s so easy to make this healthy and delicious homemade version.
Why You Will Love This Sweet Homemade BBQ Sauce!
- Beautifully balanced flavors – sweet, tamgy, and umami all come together to transform your simple ingredients into a wonderful meal in no time.
- It comes together in under 5 minutes
- Made from regular ingredients from your pantry.
- A big hit with the whole family!
Go ahead and whip up a batch of this delicious no-cook BBQ sauce to liven up your weeknight dinners. And don’t be afraid to get creative – sure, it tastes great on chicken, but you can also use it as a pizza sauce, put it on burgers and hotdogs, or even add it to your Bloody Mary cocktails. Feel free to tweak the recipe for different uses, or to suit different tastes. Once you try this easy BBQ sauce, you’ll want to put it on everything. But don’t worry if you run out – you can make more in minutes!
- Ketchup: Use any ketchup brand that you may have. The best part of using ketchup is that it already has spices and flavors. To reduce carbs, pick a low-carb version.
- Brown Sugar: Brown sugar contains similar calories as white sugar.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Widely available in supermarkets, most Worcestershire (pronounced wu.stuh.shuh) contain malt vinegar, anchovies, tamarind, onions, garlic, and spices. This gives our BBQ sauce a beautiful umami punch. If you are allergic to fish, just skip this ingredient.
The above ingredients make a basic 3 ingredient bbq sauce recipe.
- Vinegar: For this recipe, we have used Apple Cider Vinegar. Compared to white vinegar, Apple Cider Vinegar is less acidic and has a rich brown color which adds to its deep color.
- Smoked Paprika: Add a bit of kick to your sauce with smoked paprika. Smoked paprika is quite mild, but imparts a beautiful smoky flavor to food. The smoky flavor is a nice addition if especially if you are not smoking your food over coal. Peferct for cooking in an oven, air fryer, instant pot, or stovetop.
- Salt: Since this easy brown sugar bbq sauce has ketchup as its main ingredient, start with a very low amount of salt and work your way up to a teaspoon. Just taste as you go. In fact, if the meat is seasoned prior, you can skip the salt altogether.
- Pepper: Ground black pepper will mix well and impart a nice flavor to your food.
- Mustard: I have added Dijon Mustard to add a sharp tangy flavor to this easy BBQ sauce.
Optional Ingredients :
- Cayenne Pepper: (Optional) If you want to turn the heat up a notch, add cayenne pepper.
- Garlic powder and Onion Powder: These tend to add depth to the original flavors of sauces and gravies, but since both ketchup and Worcestershire sauces have them, we have skipped them here.
What can I serve this Homemade BBQ Sauce, Easy No Cook, with?
This homemade bbq sauce recipe is so versatile that it can be used on many things.
Corn on the cob
Slow cooked pulled pork
BBQ Chicken thighs
BBq Meatlover’s Pizza
BBQ Chicken salad
How long will this store in the fridge?
This sauce does not contain much water. You can keep this refrigerated for 3-4 weeks. Honestly, it is so versatile and pairs so well with everything, that I haven’t had it last longer than a weekend. Potato wedges with sour cream and BBQ sauce for the win!
Can this sauce be frozen?
Yes! Pour the sauce into freezer-safe containers or silicon ice trays and store them in the freezer for about 3 months.
Can you make this BBQ sauce without brown sugar?
Yes. Just substitute brown sugar with plain sugar, honey, or maple sugar. White sugar will need a good stirring to ensure it dissolves well.
Variations – Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipes
Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce – Replace brown sugar withequal volume of honey
Hickory BBQ Sauce – Add 1/2 tsp of Hickory Liquid Smoke
Spicy Homemade BBQ Sauce – Add a tablespoon of Franks Red Hot Sauce or Sriracha Sauce
Low Carb BBQ Sauce – Replace regular ketchup with a low-carb version. substitute 1/2 cup sugar with 3/4 cup of Erythritol. Erythritol is about 70% as sweet as sugar and hence needs more quantity.
What is the vegan alternative to Worcestershire Sauce ?
You can use either Hoisin Sauce (check that it is soybean-based) or Soy Sauce as a substitute. Just skip the salt if using Soy.
For more easy barbeque and dinner recipes sign up for our newsletter.
Recipe for Homemade BBQ Sauce
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Homemade BBQ Sauce – Easy, No Cook
- 1 Cup Tomato Ketchup
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar Apple Cider
- 1 tsp Mustard Dijon
- 1 tsp Smoked Patrika
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix well with a whisk till no lumps remain.
- Your homemade BBQ sauce is ready for use. Store in a clean glass jar and refrigerate.
More Content You Might Enjoy:
More Sauces and Dressings You May Like
More Air Fryer Recipes