These Air Fryer Nachos With Ground Beef are surprisingly quick to put together. Crunchy tortilla chips are layered with perfectly seasoned ground beef, and loaded with avocados, black beans, salsa, and sour cream. Wholesome, delicious, with a balance of proteins and vegetables, this dish is better than takeaway!
WHY YOU WOULD LOVE THESE AIR FRYER NACHOS
- Crispy and Crunchy Texture: The air fryer makes the tortilla chips perfectly crispy, creating a satisfying crunch with every bite.
- Quick and Convenient: Air fryer nachos can be prepared quickly, making them an excellent option for a last-minute snack or appetizer, especially if you have the beef prepped and ready.
- Even Cooking: The air fryer ensures even cooking, preventing burnt or soggy spots on the nachos. No need for moving oven trays to prevent burning at the back
- Perfect for Parties: Air fryer nachos are a crowd-pleaser and are perfect for gatherings, game nights, and parties.
- Great for Leftovers: Got some leftover ingredients like cooked chicken, ground beef, or veggies? Air fryer nachos are an excellent way to use them and create a delicious meal.
- Easy Cleanup: I have used a layer of aluminum foil and baking paper to prevent the sticking of food to your air fryer basket, and overall making cleaning a breeze.
- No Preheating Required: Since the actual air fryer chamber is small, and the fan-forced heat substantial, you do not need to preheat your air fryer.
- Perfect Melted Cheese: The air fryer melts cheese beautifully, creating a gooey and irresistible topping for your nachos.
- Great for Snacking or a Full Meal: Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a full meal, air fryer nachos can fulfill your cravings.
- Experiment with Sauces: You can drizzle various sauces like salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or hot sauce to add an extra layer of flavor.
Feeding a crowd? Try these Epic Beef Supreme Nachos on large trays in your oven.
INGREDIENT LIST FOR GROUND BEEF NACHOS
For The Taco Beef
Olive Oil: For frying the ground beef. You will need it only if using lean beef. 80% Beef has enough fat on its own. If using that, just the olive oil.
Ground Beef: Cook and season ground beef for a protein-rich topping.
Taco Seasoning: I have used a readymade taco seasoning. To make your own try this homemade rub recipe.
To Air Fry: Tortilla, Cooked Beef, And Cheese
Tortilla Chips: Crispy corn tortilla chips form the base of beef nachos. You can use ready tortilla chips or make some from tortilla wraps.
Shredded Cheese: A generous layer of shredded cheese is the second layer of your air fryer nachos, sprinkled over the nachos and melted to perfection.
Ground Beef: Cooked and seasoned ground beef is a savory and protein-rich topping that adds substance to the nachos.
To Layer Nachos With Toppings
Black Beans: Black beans provide a delicious source of fiber and protein, complementing the beef and adding texture to the dish. I have used canned beans that I drained before using.
Salsa: Fresh or jarred salsa, with its vibrant flavors of tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and spices, adds a zesty kick to the nachos.
Jalapenos: If you enjoy some heat, sliced jalapenos are the perfect spicy addition to the nachos. Just serve them on the side as an optional ingredient.
Avocado: Sliced avocado adds creaminess. If you like a creamy dip instead try this refreshing and buttery Guacamole instead.
Sour Cream: To cool down the spiciness and adds a pleasant contrast to the other toppings.
Cilantro Leaves Optional: Fresh cilantro adds a bright, herbaceous flavor, but skip this if you dislike cilantro.
Sliced Olives: I have used black Kalamata olives.
Other topping ideas: Diced tomatoes, chopped red onions, lime wedges.
Step-By-Step Process To Make Air Fryer Nachos With Ground Beef
Prepare Taco Beef
Lean Beef: Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add the beef. 80% or lower Beef: Heat a frying pan, and add beef. With a fork or spoon, break the lumps.
Cook till cooked completely. Add the taco seasoning.
Air Fry: Tortilla Chips, Beef, and Cheese
Line the air fryer basket with foil and/or parchment paper (baking paper)
First Layer: Spread the tortilla chips
Second Layer: Spread the shredded cheese
Third Layer: Add the cooked taco beef.
Air Fry for 70℉/160℃ for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Add The Toppings
Carefully remove the air fryer basket and remove the cooked beef and cheese mix by lifting the aluminum foil. Use mittens as the foil will be hot. Place it on a serving plate or tray.
It is time to add the toppings.
Add the salsa, drained black beans, and chopped avocadoes.
Add olives, jalapenos, sour cream, and cilantro.
Have more ground beef? Try this ground beef pasta recipe which comes together in under 30 minutes. Another great recipe for weeknight dinners.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT AIR FRYER NACHOS WITH GROUND BEEF
Yes, using pre-cooked beef is a great option to save time. Ensure that the beef is seasoned and cooked thoroughly before assembling the nachos.
Ground beef works best for nachos as it distributes evenly over the tortilla chips. You can also use shredded beef or thinly sliced steak if preferred.
Unlike traditional ovens, air fryers don’t always require preheating. However, if you prefer your nachos to cook faster, you can preheat the air fryer for a few minutes.
To prevent burning, layer the tortilla chips evenly and try to avoid overlapping them. You can also reduce the cooking time or temperature slightly if needed.
Absolutely! You can use any cheese you like, such as shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack, queso fresco, or a cheese blend. Experiment with different flavors for unique combinations.
Yes, you can easily make vegetarian nachos by omitting the beef and adding more vegetables like black beans, corn, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
Yes, homemade tortilla chips work well with air fryer nachos. Just ensure they are cut into even pieces for uniform cooking.
If you use gluten-free tortilla chips, air fryer nachos can be a delicious gluten-free snack or meal.
Cut keto wraps into small triangles and bake them crispy to use instead of tortillas. You may also want to eliminate the black beans to fit your keto macros.
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Air Fryer Nachos With Ground Beef
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Frying Pan
Prepare Taco Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil See Notes
- 1 pound Ground Beef (about 500 g)
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
For Air Frying
- 2 Cups Tortilla Chips
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Taco Beef (as prepared above)
To Layer Nachos
- 1 Cup Black Beans Canned, Drained
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 Tablespoon Jalapenos
- 0.5 Cup Avocado
- 0.25 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro Leaves Optional
- 2 Tablespoons Sliced Olives
Prepare Taco Beef
- Lean Beef: Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add the beef. 80% or lower Beef: Heat a frying pan, and add beef
- With a fork or spoon, break the lumps.
- Cook till cooked completely.
- Add the seasoning, mix well, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Air Fry To Melt The cheese
- Line the air fryer basket with foil and/or parchment paper (baking paper)
- First Layer: Spread the tortilla chips
- Second Layer: Spread the shredded cheese
- Third Layer: Add the cooked taco beef.
- Air Fry for 70 C/160F for 2-3 minutes till the cheese melts.
- Using oven mitts, remove the foil of the nachos carefully and place it on a tray or a plate.
Add The Toppings
- Add chopped avocado, olives, salsa, black beans, jalapenos, sour cream, and cilantro.
- Serve Warm
- Use olive oil if using lean beef. 80% Beef has enough fat on its own. Just skip the olive oil.
Nutritional Panel: Our nutritional values are calculated by Spooncular API. While we try our best to ensure these values are correct, please confirm these independently.
All information on our website is for general information only. Please consult your doctor if a diet, particular foods, or way of eating is suitable for you.