This classic Keto Salad Dressing Recipe ( French Vinaigrette) is one of the must-try basic salad dressings. Low in carbs, and high in healthy fat, all you need to do, is just add a bag of salad to make a healthy side salad. Or layer it up with your favorite vegetables and proteins, and make a proper salad meal.
Try this French Salad Dressing with our Easy Tuna Salad (Salad Nicoise) or just keep it super simple, and drizzle onto a store-bought bag salad.
Why you should try this Keto Salad Dressing:
Most store-bought salad dressings, tend to have too much sugar or are too expensive, not to mention the extra additives to keep them stable. Keto French Dressing is sugar-free and keto-friendly.
- It’s easy to make with simple ingredients in your pantry
- Contains good fats
- Vinegar is known for its good effects on blood sugar
- Excellent base recipe to build your own unique dressing
- Keto and Low Carb Friendly
This recipe was one of the first dressings I learned in culinary school, and I love it because it’s fuss-free. It can make a basic salad taste indulgent and restaurant-worthy. Once you try it, it will be your regular go-to for a wide range of salads.
Ingredient List for French Vinaigrette
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
Step By Step Process for Keto Salad Dressing (French Vinaigrette)
- Take a clean, dry jar with a fitted lid.
- Measure and pour all ingredients in the jar
- Close the lid, and shake well
- Your salad dressing is ready to pour.
Variations to Keto Salad Dressing
This vinaigrette is perfect to use as is. You can also tweak it by adding your own ingredients. Some suggestions are as follows.
- Minced garlic – 1 tbsp for 6 tbsp for 4 servings
- Honey – To balance the acidity of Vinegar
- Maple syrup
- Keto approved sweeteners
- Minced shallots – 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – replace half the quantity of vinegar with lemon juice
- Balsamic vinegar
- Champagne Vinegar
Some Useful Tips:
- Basic vinaigrette will last in the fridge for about 3-4 weeks
- If you add ingredients that contain water, like shallots or garlic, use the dressing up within 3-5 days.
- Vinegar and oil will separate after a while. Just shake the jar well, before pouring.
- If making larger quantities, use an electric whisk to emulsify the dressing well. Being a good emulsifier, Dijon mustard will help keep the dressing creamy. For larger quantities, add salt, pepper, and vinegar to a glass bowl. Whisk it well for about 30 seconds to a minute. When combined well, slowly add the olive oil while continuously whisking. This will form a beautiful creamy dressing.
Types Of Salads To Use French Vinaigrette
This versatile salad dressing suits almost any salad. Some suggestions are as follows.
- Simple Salad – salad leaves, olives, onions, cucumbers, and tomatoes
- Easy Tuna Salad (French Nicoise Salad)
- Chickpea Cucumber Feta Salad
What Kind Of Vinegar Is Suitable For French Vinaigrette?
- White Wine Vinegar
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Champagne Vinegar
- Balsamic Vinegar
More Recipes You May Enjoy
- Keto Mexican Salad Bowl
- Overnight Oats With Protein Powder
- Chinese All Purpose Stir Fry Sauce (Chinese Brown Sauce)
- Keto BBQ Rub (Texas Style)
Love DIY? Here’s a lovely recipe on how to make Rose Water At Home by Moon And Spoon And Yum.
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Keto French dressing (French Vinaigrette)
- 1 Sterlised Glass Jar
- 2 tbsp Vinegar White or Red
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Add all ingredients to a glass jar.
- Shake well to mix.
- Pour immediately on salad.
9 Comments on “Keto Salad Dressing Recipe ( French Vinaigrette)”
Simple but very delicious, WS just what I was looking for!
Even though I’m not on a Keto diet regularly, this dressing is great for anything! I love how simple it is to prepare. The mustard gives it a great kick!
I have been looking for a great keto salad dressing and this dressing recipe is perfect!! Love the flavor and super easy to make!
This salad dressing adds a wow factor to my favorite salad. And now I always make extra
Such a great versatile dressing to have on hand!
Super easy to prepare.
Well worth trying , you won’t regret it.