Air Fryer Roasted Root Vegetables make a great weeknight dinner packed with rainbow root vegetables and fibers. This is a no-fuss recipe that is guaranteed to be your will be your family’s favorite.
Check out more Air Fryer Recipes here.
At Caramel And Spice, we are always looking for easy and quick dinners which are family-friendly. We also love lazy hacks to get meals ready faster. Follow us for more easy air fryer recipes.
WHY YOU SHOULD TRY THESE ROAST VEGETABLES
- High fiber filling meal
- Healthy wholesome carbs
- Root vegetables are a great source of fibers, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Low in fat
- Pairs with a wide range of proteins
INGREDIENT LIST AT A GLANCE
List of root vegetables
- Sweet Potatoes
- White Potatoes
- Red Onions
Seasoning for root vegetables
- Olive Oil
- Bay Leaves
- Garlic and Onion Powders – Using powders will ensure that they will stick to the oiled vegetables rather than have bits of garlic flying around in your air fryer.
- Red Wine Vinegar – You can also use White Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar.
Step-by-step photos to make Air Fryer Roasted Root Vegetables
How I have prepped the vegetables-
Some Useful Tips
Oil first: Tossing the vegetables in first, will ensure that the rest of the powdered seasoning will cling to the vegetables.
Scrub or Peel: You do not have to peel every vegetable. In fact, the skin of potatoes is known to contain plenty of Vitamin C. If you choose to not peel, just scrub your root vegetables in water.
Microwave: To speed up the process of air frying, microwave your seasoned chopped root vegetables in a microwave-safe bowl with a couple of teaspoons of water.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Fryer Roasted Root Vegetables
Can this recipe be made in the oven?
Yes, absolutely! For oven-roasted root vegetables, preheat the oven for 10 minutes to 350 F/180 C. Line your roasting tray with baking paper or a silicon baking mat. This will make it super-easy to clean your tray later. Arrange vegetables in one single layer and roast for 450 F / 230 C for 40 – 60 minutes, depending on the oven capacity.
Can you freeze roasted vegetables?
Root vegetables have lower water content, due to which they are perfect for freezing. Once cooled, place them in freezer bags, and store them for up to 6 months.
What to serve with roasted root vegetables?
Add some protein you like. Some suggestions: Pan-fried tofu, tandoori paneer, air-fried fish, teriyaki salmon, roasted chicken drumsticks, or garlic butter beef bites.
More Content You Might Enjoy:
COllection of Air Fryer Recipes
Some of our popular posts you may like:
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Air Fryer Roasted Root Vegetables
- 1 Vegetable Peeler
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Air Fryer You can also bake this in an oven
- 3 Carrots Orange, Red, Purple
- 2 Medium Potato
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 2 Turnips
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Beetroot
- 1 Garlic Bulb
- 8 Tbsp Olive OIl
- 4 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
Prep Root Vegetables
- Onions: Chop the ends of the onion, cut it into halves, and take the papery skin off. Then cut it into quarters.
- Carrots: Chop the top off, and peel the skin with a peeler. Chop as shown.
- Garlic: Peel the garlic and separate the cloves.
- Beetroots: Cut the top off, and peel the skin off. SLice as required.
- Sweet Potatoes: Using the peeler, remove skin and chop as required.
- Remove the greens of the turnips, and slice the bulb as required.
Seasoning Root Vegetables
- After slicing, put all the root vegetables in to a large bowl.
- Add bay leaves, salt, pepper, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and onion powder.
- Massage all seasoning well, so all the vegetables are well coated.
- Arrange vegetables in the air fryer basket in one layer.
- Air Fry at 350 F / 180 C for about 15- 20 minutes till golden and slightly crisp.
- Red Wine Vinegar – You can substitute this with White Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar
- Oil Use: Unlike oven baking or pan frying, some of the oil used in the marinade will eventually be drained off in the bottom pan, making it lower fat than cooking by other methods.
- If you buy organic vegetables, you do not have to peel the skin off. Just scrub with a brush under water till clean and proceed to chop as required.
Information given here is for general purposes only. Please check with your doctor particular ingredient or way of eating is suitable for you. Our nutritional values are calculated by Spooncular API. While we try our best to ensure these values are correct, please confirm these independently.